Our customer care team will review and aim to appropriately advise within 2 working days, however we may need to make further enquiries or gather additional information to respond to your enquiry. Where this is necessary our customer care team will advise you of this.
If a more detailed enquiry is required, or following the above you are unsatisfied with the outcome and wish to make a formal complaint we will enter your complaint to Stage 1 of our Complaints Procedure.
There are some complaints which we will be unable to consider. If your complaint falls within this, we will inform you with an explanation as to why and advise on next steps you may take to assist you further. These may include but aren’t limited to:
- Information/agreements provided by a third party, i.e., housing developer, local authority.
- Areas outside of our management and maintenance.
- Responsibilities outside of our management, i.e., anti-social behaviour, covenants pertaining to individual properties, neighbourly disputes.
- Legal agreements/disputes.
- If your behaviour falls within our ‘Unreasonable Behaviour Policy’
Our customer care team will acknowledge your complaint and escalate to the appropriate representative from the relevant department best placed to assist you. They will aim to provide a written response to you within 10 working days.
Occasionally the response time may require an extension, but we would intend for this to only extend by a further 10 working days and will notify you of this with an explanation.
If you feel our response has not fully answered your complaint, or you disagree with our findings, you should contact the representative to discuss any concerns. After liaising with them, if you are still unhappy you can request that your complaint is considered for Stage 2 of our Complains Procedure.
Request to escalate to Stage 2
To escalate your complaint, please contact our customer care team. We will need to understand why you are unhappy with the findings or the outcome of the Stage 1 investigation.
Please note we may choose not to escalate if:
- Your complaint now falls within an exclusion and is outside of our control to influence or change.
- Your complaint was upheld at Stage 1 and you were offered an appropriate and proportionate resolution.
- The resolution you have requested cannot be provided.
- Your behaviour falls within our ‘Unreasonable Behaviour Policy and you have refused to engage with us in an acceptable manner during your enquiry/complaint.
- We feel the matter could be resolved or we can offer an alternative solution in Stage
If we are unable to further your complaint we will confirm the reasons why in writing, you may pursue your complaint either via the Property Ombudsman or by seeking independent legal advice.
Your complaint will be escalated to the appropriate senior member of the relevant department who will aim to provide you with a written response within 20 working days. Occasionally the response time may require an extension, but we would intend for this to only extend by a further 10 working days and will notify you of this with an explanation.
On conclusion of your complaint, you will receive written confirmation of a final decision from the senior member. If you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you may pursue this further either via the Property Ombudsman or by seeking independent legal advice.